At Reach Robotics, we’ve hit the ground running in 2021 with exciting partnerships, product launches, sponsorships and grants. Having settled into our new headquarters in Glebe, NSW, the first quarter has seen us expand production capability, reach higher sales targets and further grow and diversify our team.
A few of our sales and business growth highlights include:
- Delivering a Reach Bravo manipulator to University of Technology Sydney’s (UTS) Centre for Autonomous Systems (CAS). We assisted post-graduate students to setup their new robotic arm and are proud to support the advancement of Robotics Research in Australia.
- We are the proud 2021 sponsor of Sydney University Mechatronics Organisation (SUMO), further supporting local Robotics Research in Australian institutions.
- Reach Robotics has been awarded the Defence Global Competitiveness Grant, allowing greater opportunity for testing and verification. The grant will fund an inspection class ROV deployable test vehicle and allow us to conduct certification activities to meet international EMC safety standards. Read more here.
- A successful Summer Internship program run over 8-weeks, with 3 university undergraduates during which they developed their skills in prototyping a new topside control product.
- We received the Australian Trusted Trader tick-of-approval from the Australian Border Force, officiating us as a trusted Australian exporter.
We’ve also had a stand-out quarter for product development! Highlights include:
- The commercial release of Reach Alpha Mk2 which is tougher, smarter and more dexterous than ever! The upgraded model features a 50% increase in speed, internal vacuum monitoring, improved collision protection, is back-drivable and more!
- Our latest release – an incredibly small 300m subsea Micro IP Camera! The camera is compatible with our Alpha and Bravo manipulators or can be selected as a stand-alone option for simple integration on ROVs and other subsea equipment.
- The launch of several Reach Bravo tools and accessories designed to multiply capability of Bravo-class manipulators. These include an Accessory Port Connector, the multi-port Bravo Hub, a Force Torque Sensor and an end-effector Payload Interface.
- We’ve introduced Reach Alpha and Bravo Pro packages – upgraded variants of the standard manipulators, including mission tool kits, advanced control modes, accessories, custom interfacing and more!